Monday 28 May 2007

Food labels


Not happy! We had chilli for dinner and I like mine hot so have a liberal sprinkling of Tabasco sauce on the meat. Now I've noticed lately that the number of food products with disclaimers on them seem to be increasing at an alarming rate. We even have a bag of peanuts in the cupboard which, highlighted on the back of the pack says 'THIS PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS!' So why the hell is there no disclaimer on the Tabasco bottle? Not enough space? Make space! They need a disclaimer, something like; 'DO NOT RUB IN YOUR EYES OR THIS PRODUCT WILL BURN LIKE A BASTARD MAKING YOU WANT TO PLUCK OUT YOU EYES AND SCRUB THEM IN A CHEESE GRATER!' They haven't so I did. Man that fucking hurt! My eyes are still on fire while I write this blog. Just off for a piss........ ARRRRGH!!!!

3 comments:

Richard Wintle said...

Toothpicks. With instructions on the box.

It's a sad, sad world we live in.

That is all.

Chris King said...

So true!
My girlfriend is Canadian and she agrees whole heartedly about the toothpicks!
Thanks for the visit!

Denver Dad said...

That's hilarious! I think every guy has made the "chili doesn't mix well with a quick trip to the bathroom" mistake at least once. I've managed to avoid the eye thing, but now that you've brought it up, I'm probably cursed to make that same mistake any day now! :)